Encinitas is a coastal beach city in San Diego County, California. Located within Southern California, it is approximately 25 miles north of San Diego in North County and about 95 miles south of Los Angeles. The largest single industry in the city is the growing of ornamental flowers, particularly poinsettias.
The Lux Art Institute and San Dieguito Heritage Museum are located in Encinitas. Other points of interest include the San Diego Botanic Garden, Self-Realization Fellowship temple and Hermitage, as well as the gardens which are routinely open to the public, the historic La Paloma Theater, Moonlight Beach, and one of California’s classic downtown areas along historic Coast Highway 101. Surfing is a popular activity in Encinitas, particularly at Swami’s, which is rated in the top 5 surf locations in the world, and is mentioned in a verse of The Beach Boys’ song “Surfin’ U.S.A.”
Encinitas can be divided into five areas:
- Old Encinitas: a small beachside area featuring a mix of businesses and housing styles. The Encinitas welcome arch, the famous surf break Swamis, and the early 20th century La Paloma Theater are located here.
- New Encinitas: a newer region which features a golf course, many shopping centers, and is composed of larger tract homes.
- Olivenhain: a semi-rural region in eastern Encinitas, composed of mostly single family homes, an active 4-H Club, and several private equestrian facilities.
- Leucadia: a coastal community of the city. Leucadia features tree-lined streets and boulevards. The community features art galleries, unusual stores, and restaurants, along with single family homes.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea: Encinitas’ southernmost oceanfront community, which features streets named after British cities and classical composers, the Lux Art Institute, and the San Elijo Campus of Mira Costa College.
Find Your Way Around Encinitas
Encinitas - Market Stats
National and County-wide news sources are slow and do not accurately represent what is happening in the Encinitas area. Our Statistics are updated every few days to keep you up to date. Choose an area from the list below to see the latest information!
Median PriceEncinitas, CA
Avg Days on MarketEncinitas, CA
Avg Price Per Sq FtEncinitas, CA
Median Sq FtEncinitas, CA
Median Market IndexEncinitas, CA